January 12, 2012

Film 4: The first Knight

Centuries ago a great king lived and fought in Britain. The story of this king is one of the world's most favourite legends. This time we're learning about  the adventurous world of King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table.

KING ARTHUR PROJECT:

1. What is a legend? 
A legend is a narrative that people tell as a true story. Sometimes the details are difficult to confirm, but usually the story names people and identifies locations. The person telling the story usually does not claim to be an eyewitness to the events, but heard it from someone who knows someone who heard it from someone who was really there... Legends often contain a moral or a lesson and are told to uphold the values of the community. They often involve supernatural or religious elements.
2. Was King Arthur only legend?
Yes, he was a legend because, Arthur wasn't exist. Maybe, there was a person similar.
 King Arthur is a legendary British leader of the late 5th and early 6th centuries, who, according to Medieval histories and romances, led the defense of Britain against Saxon invaders in the early 6th century. 
3. What is a knight?
A knight is a man given a rank of honor by a British king or queen because of his special achievements, and who has the right to be called 'Sir', or (in the past) a man of high social position trained to fight as a soldier on a horse


CHOOSE A CHARACTER:


Hi, my name is Lady Guinevere and I'm the princess of Leonesse. I decided to marry Arthur partly out of admiration and partly for security against Malagant.
One day, while I was travelling to Camelot, Lancelot saved me of Malagant's ambush meant to kidnap me. He fell in love with me. Then he brought me to Camelot. When we arrive there, he successfully navigated an obstacle course.
After that, Malagant's followers imprisoned me in an oubliette. Lancelot came where I was and save me again. Arthur offered Lancelot a higher calling in life as a knight of the Round Table, he accepted. He takes Malagant's place.
One day, a messenger from Leonesse arrived and said that Malagant had invaded the country. Then Arthur brought his troops to Leonesse and successfully defeated Malagant's forces.
Later, Lancelot came to me and he said that he felt guilty about his feeling to me. Finally I asked him for a kiss. When we were kissing, Arthur came into the room and saw everything. I felt so guilty. After that, Arthur wanted to talk to me. I explained him that I felt different feelings for him and for Lancelot. Then Arthur celebrated an open trial in the square. When we where there, suddenly Malagant invaded Camelot. He said that of the king did not swear lotalty , he would burn everything. Finally Arthur ordered to fight. At the end, Malagant's men shot him with crossbows.Lancelot Killed Malagant. The people of Camelot won the battle, but Arthur died of his wounds. Arthur on his deathbed asked to Lancelot if he could take care of me and of Camelot.
Later, we did a funeral raft carrying Arthur's body. I was very sad and I was crying a lot.






No comments:

Post a Comment